The perfect holiday gift for
you and your family!
Last Updated: November 23, 2021
For additional information regarding our policies pertaining to children users, please see the section on Information Regarding Children below.
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Information Regarding Children
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, make a payment or donation through the Site, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, payment information and any other information you choose to provide.
When users interact with Santa after clicking and holding in the video frame to activate listening, an audio file of their voice is captured and processed, and a transcript of the user’s interaction is created from the audio file. The audio file is not retained after it is processed. The transcript may be retained and used as described in the section on Use of Information below.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect certain information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly from you.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect from parents in the sign-up process to create a parent account, which allows you to access parent-oriented content and to provide your child with access to the Site. We may also use the information we collect (other than audio files) to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Site and any products or services we provide;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by StoryFile and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site and any products or services we provide;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of StoryFile and others;
- Personalize your online experience;
- Test, maintain, and improve the Site and the technology we use, including the use of transcripts and other information for quality control, research and development, and data analysis purposes;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Audio files are used solely to convert the audio into a written transcript and facilitate the user’s conversation and interaction with Santa. The audio files are deleted promptly after they are processed and are not used for any other purpose.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as speech recognition providers and other vendors who assist us in providing and maintaining the Site and otherwise providing support for the internal operations of the Site;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of StoryFile or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that, which cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
StoryFile is based in the United States, and we process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update, correct, or delete your information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from StoryFile by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you wish to opt out of our use of transcripts to test, maintain, and improve the Site, including for quality control, research and development, and data analysis purposes, you may notify us by email@example.com. Note that this will only apply to transcripts created after the date of opt out as such transcripts may be disassociated with the account they originated from.
INFORMATION REGARDING CHILDREN
The only personal information we knowingly collect from children under 13 are audio files that are captured from children who interact with Santa. Such audio files are processed and converted into a written transcript and used to facilitate the child’s conversation and interaction with Santa. Audio files are only accessed by the vendor who processes them on our behalf, and they are deleted promptly after processing and not used or retained for any other purpose. We do not request that children provide any personal information when they interact with Santa. In the event that it comes to our attention that we have collected any personal information from a child under 13, we will promptly delete such information. There is no functionality on the Site that allows for children to make any personal information publicly available.
Parents have the right under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act to review or have deleted any personal information collected from their child. However, we do not retain any such personal information. Parents also have the right to refuse to permit further collection or use of the child’s information. You can do this by closing your account or not permitting your child to access the Site through your account.
This Site is operated by StoryFile, Inc. If you have any questions or concerns about the Site, this Policy, or our use of children’s information, please contact us at:
734 N Highland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
The Holidays are a Time for Giving
Giving is the heart of the holidays, and StoryFile is bringing this incredible Ask Santa experience to families free of charge.